Fwd: A webmention endpoint implementation

FYI: a really nice merger of web 2.0 and web 3.0 technology ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
Date: 29 July 2015 at 22:46
Subject: A webmention endpoint implementation
To: public-socialweb@w3.org

Hi, just some implementation feedback and a look at extending the current
Webmention:

I've created a http://csarven.ca/webmention endpoint on my site which is
also an article describing its own implementation/approach.

The endpoint accepts source, property (optional) and target (optional)
parameters. It accepts claims via standalone POSTs, or by submitting
through the form on the page. The page is also an article giving further
details about its approach/extension to the current webmention design. The
endpoint can handle claims using RDF (i.e., in different serializations:
RDFa, Turtle, N-Triples, JSON-LD, RDF/XML, [and probably SPARQL results but
have not tested that yet]), and microformats 2 data patterns found at the
source (although at the time of this writing IWC interactions are not
microformats, but rather just IWC terms).

I've tried to find equivalents of some of the terms using IWC interactions,
SIOC, schema.org, Open Annotations, Activity Streams. So, if the property
parameter is given in a webmention or the property/relation is picked up as
part of the verifications process, it will apply whatever it can in the
output/display. Read the article for some other details, and see also the
few interactions it received.

IMO, the key addition to the current webmention design is for receivers to
accept the property parameter. It is an explicit claim given to the
receiver, in which the receiver can even decide whether to handle the claim
or not without doing a single GET.

If we look at this from another angle, not providing the property (as term,
prefixed name, or URI) means that something most likely hyperlinked (aka
"webmention"ed) something else. This is currently what we have in
webmention, a super-property.

Questions/feedback welcome. Happy to test further if anyone wants to play
along.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i