Re: Turtle and JSON-LD Matter

On 7/16/14 11:34 AM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
> Good point, Kingsley.
>
> I'm in favor of adding JSON-LD, but not as a MUST.

MUST is a problem vector. It creates a problematic misconception.

> The reason why we decided to only mandate Turtle was to reduce the
> number of serialization formats people must support.

Yes, and how many WebID-TLS implementations has that generated, since
the inception of this effort?

> No one stops you from offering several other formats, as long as you
> at least support Turtle.

I know, that, I support every known RDF notation. I am not the audience
here. I am more concerned about others that are inadvertently put-off by
the TURTLE notation specificity of WebID-Profile and WebID-TLS.

> Anyway, I'm definitely in favor of adding at least some JSON-LD
> examples, next to Turtle. :)

At least that's better than the current state of affairs  :-)

Kingsley