Re: Making Your LInked Data Discoverable

On 1/23/13 6:54 PM, Bernadette Hyland wrote:
> Thanks Kingsley, timely input into the Linked Data Best Practices doc
> that is being drafted and will be available for review shortly.

Great!

To flesh out matters a little more with regards to <link/> or "Link:"
and @rel:

1. the relationship between an HTML document (conventional i.e., not
embedded data islands via RDFa, Microformats, or Microdata) in the
loosest form is via "related" as opposed to "alternate" -- typically,
you would be expressing the triple: <HTMLDocURL> xhv:related
<SomeLinkedDataEntityName> ;

2. if an IANA predicate doesn't work then simply use the Linked Data URI
of a predicate that best reflects the relationship between the HTML
document and the entity denoted by a Linked Data URI -- e.g., <link
rel="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#seeAlso"
href={SomeLinkedDataEntityName} .../>

Kingsley

Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen