Re: deployd

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Interesting project that offers read and write ability to a JSON backend.
> Updates are also propagated in realtime...
>
> http://deployd.com/video.html

The most interesting aspect of this project (to me), is the UI for
creating data.

I personally see the transformation between object with properties to
graphs, and tables with rows&columns to graphs very clearly in my head,
and I think many developers already grok the row&columns to
objects&properties transformations - certainly those who've spent any
time with even the simplest ORM.

So a question which comes up in my mind, is which UI approach is more
user friendly for adding data, the linear tabular form which allows you
to edit on object/row/thing at a time (like tabulator), or the familiar
multi row table view, like excel and most database tools? Certainly the
latter seems more productive, and appeals to me in deployd.