Re: The necessity of hypermedia RDF and an approach to achieve it

Hi.

Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Thanks Melvin for posting the abstract of my LAPIS2012 at ESWC paper! I had
> planned to join this list for a long time, now I've finally done it!
>
> In addition to the paper,
> http://folk.uio.no/kjekje/2012/hypermedia-rdf.pdf
> I'd also like to point to the slides:
> http://folk.uio.no/kjekje/2012/lapis2012.xhtml
> It was partly intended to provoke discussion, and it was successful, I
> guess, because it caused so much discussion I never had the time to get
> through the slides. :-) Anyway, I think the slides are easier to understand
> and more humorous than the paper.

I agree : the paper makes too many assumptions on the familiarity of the
reader with what HATEOS, hypermedia and many other high level concepts
IMHO.

However, at first read of the mail's subject (or paper's title), I
thought : Oh, something about mixing hypertext and video inside RDF
docs...

I'm a bit afraid of ambiguities on the Hypermedia term. See for instance
: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermedia :-/

Any alternative title idea ?

Just my naive two cents,

Best regards,