Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] DBpedia Data Quality Evaluation Campaign

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

>  On 11/15/12 12:22 PM, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:
>
>>  On 11/15/12 11:58 AM, zaveri@informatik.uni-leipzig.de wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> As we all know, DBpedia is an important dataset in Linked Data as it
>>> is not only connected to and from numerous other datasets, but it also
>>> is relied upon for useful information. However, quality problems are
>>> inherent in DBpedia be it in terms of incorrectly extracted values or
>>> datatype problems since it contains information extracted from
>>> crowd-sourced content.
>>>
>>> However, not all the data quality problems are automatically
>>> detectable. Thus, we aim at crowd-sourcing the quality assessment of
>>> the dataset. In order to perform this assessment, we have developed a
>>> tool whereby a user can evaluate a random resource by analyzing each
>>> triple individually and store the results. Therefore, we would like to
>>> request you to help us by using the tool and evaluating a minimum of 3
>>> resources. Here is the link to the tool:
>>> http://nl.dbpedia.org:8080/TripleCheckMate/, which also includes
>>> details on how to use it.
>>>
>>> In order to thank you for your contributions, a lucky winner will win
>>> either a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or an Amazon voucher worth 300 Euro. So,
>>> go ahead, start evaluating now !! Deadline for submitting your
>>> evaluations is 9th December, 2012.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to
>>> contact us at dbpedia-data-quality@googlegroups.com.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your time.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> DBpedia Data Quality Evaluation Team.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dbpedia-data-quality

>>>   Why don't we offer WebID authentication as an option?
>>

> We offer a only Google OAuth2 option for now because almost everyone has a
> Google account
> and this makes it a lot easier both for "evaluators" and for us.
>
> Maybe we could add this option in a following campaign.
> Is there any javascript library we could use?
>
> Regards,
> Dimitris
>

> We don't need to take that view. Let's use the existing AWWW (Architecture
> of the World Wide Web) and its infrastructure.
>
> Is this a PHP app? If it is then you can incorporate WebID via a number of
> means. Also remember, WebID is baked into Virtuoso and Virtuoso can host
> PHP etc..
>
> Examples of what's possible:
>
> 1. http://kingsley.idehen.net/MediaWiki/?title=Special:VOILogin --
> MediaWiki running from inside Virtuoso
> 2. http://web.ods.openlinksw.com/ -- Just click on the login button to
> see the variety of authentication options.

Hi Kingsley,

We already know webID and how it is used, although we didn't go into
implementation details.
The app has a minimal Java backend for now but our intention is to run most
of the functionality on the client side (such as the current authentication
method) and make it as portable as possible.
We will certainly look into a webID option for the next releases.

Regards,
Dimitris

> --
>
> Regards,