Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] DBpedia Data Quality Evaluation Campaign

On 11/15/12 12:22 PM, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/15/12 11:58 AM, zaveri@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
>     <mailto:zaveri@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
>
>         Dear all,
>
>         As we all know, DBpedia is an important dataset in Linked Data
>         as it
>         is not only connected to and from numerous other datasets, but
>         it also
>         is relied upon for useful information. However, quality
>         problems are
>         inherent in DBpedia be it in terms of incorrectly extracted
>         values or
>         datatype problems since it contains information extracted from
>         crowd-sourced content.
>
>         However, not all the data quality problems are automatically
>         detectable. Thus, we aim at crowd-sourcing the quality
>         assessment of
>         the dataset. In order to perform this assessment, we have
>         developed a
>         tool whereby a user can evaluate a random resource by
>         analyzing each
>         triple individually and store the results. Therefore, we would
>         like to
>         request you to help us by using the tool and evaluating a
>         minimum of 3
>         resources. Here is the link to the tool:
>         http://nl.dbpedia.org:8080/TripleCheckMate/, which also includes
>         details on how to use it.
>
>         In order to thank you for your contributions, a lucky winner
>         will win
>         either a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or an Amazon voucher worth 300
>         Euro. So,
>         go ahead, start evaluating now !! Deadline for submitting your
>         evaluations is 9th December, 2012.
>
>         If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to
>         contact us at dbpedia-data-quality@googlegroups.com
>         <mailto:dbpedia-data-quality@googlegroups.com>.
>
>         Thank you very much for your time.
>
>         Regards,
>         DBpedia Data Quality Evaluation Team.
>         https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dbpedia-data-quality
>
>         ----------------------------------------------------------------
>         This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
>

>         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a
>         single
>         web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers,
>         databases, vmware,
>         SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
>         Pricing starts from $795 for 25 servers or applications!
>         http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
>

>     Why don't we offer WebID authentication as an option?
>

> We offer a only Google OAuth2 option for now because almost everyone
> has a Google account
> and this makes it a lot easier both for "evaluators" and for us.
>
> Maybe we could add this option in a following campaign.
> Is there any javascript library we could use?

> [...]

We don't need to take that view. Let's use the existing AWWW
(Architecture of the World Wide Web) and its infrastructure.

Is this a PHP app? If it is then you can incorporate WebID via a number
of means. Also remember, WebID is baked into Virtuoso and Virtuoso can
host PHP etc..

Examples of what's possible:

1. http://kingsley.idehen.net/MediaWiki/?title=Special:VOILogin --
MediaWiki running from inside Virtuoso
2. http://web.ods.openlinksw.com/ -- Just click on the login button to
see the variety of authentication options.

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen