Re: Contd: Using WebID ACLs to control access to my Google Drive, SkyDrive, DropBox, and Amazon S3

On 7/2/12 1:48 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 2 Jul 2012, at 19:41, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> Works. But I think more fun is if your Access control policy allowed friends of your friends,
>>> and perhaps members and friends of the WebID and rww community groups (as specified by foaf files
>>> to be written).
>> Yes, but if I started there you would have requested something simpler. I am trying to take the simplest approach into a  much more sophisticated realm.
> I think too simple, makes it difficult to understand.

"simple" is clearly subjective.

>   You need to give us some leverage to play with things, so that we can see how adding people to profiles or removing them changes things.

Do you mean: go beyond the current demo which is focused (right now) on
you presenting your WebID en route to resource access?

> With foaf networks we could add friends to networks, see if they get access, remove them, etc... Then one can see the value of the foaf.
>
>>> That is when this starts becoming a lot more easy to understand.
>> Hmm.
>>
>> As I said, that's easy. My goal was to start real simple:
>>
>> 1. mount a SaaS device
>> 2. ACL protect access using a foaf:Group
>> 3. share with the world
>> 4. up the ante as folks engage.
> Time to up the ante then... :-)

Okay, but I do want feedback from a few more members. Right now I just
have you, Melvin, and Juergen .

My next step will be to expose the ACL resource so that seed members can
expand access. After that, I show more complex rules and a UI for said
rules. This is where the foaf:knows relationship comes into play as a
basic example. The same UI will also allow you to make more
sophisticated rules using SPARQL ASK.

Kingsley