Re: Contd: Using WebID ACLs to control access to my Google Drive, SkyDrive, DropBox, and Amazon S3

On 2 Jul 2012, at 19:41, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 7/2/12 11:37 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>> On 2 Jul 2012, at 16:58, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I've now added Amazon Simple Storage System (S3) to the running demo [1] re., WebID ACLs applied to mounted folders via SaaS storage services.
>>>
>>> URL of the mounted resource collection (folder): <https://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/AmazonS3/> .
>>>
>>> Let me know if it works for you, ditto if you would like your WebID added to my ACL.
>> Works. But I think more fun is if your Access control policy allowed friends of your friends,
>> and perhaps members and friends of the WebID and rww community groups (as specified by foaf files
>> to be written).
>
> Yes, but if I started there you would have requested something simpler. I am trying to take the simplest approach into a  much more sophisticated realm.

I think too simple, makes it difficult to understand. You need to give us some leverage to play with things, so that we can see how adding people to profiles or removing them changes things. With foaf networks we could add friends to networks, see if they get access, remove them, etc... Then one can see the value of the foaf.

>> That is when this starts becoming a lot more easy to understand.
>
> Hmm.
>
> As I said, that's easy. My goal was to start real simple:
>
> 1. mount a SaaS device
> 2. ACL protect access using a foaf:Group
> 3. share with the world
> 4. up the ante as folks engage.

Time to up the ante then... :-)