Re: A little linked data app

On 3 January 2012 09:57, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> Great work Melvin,
>

> On 2 Jan 2012, at 21:25, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> in js and html ... still very alpha but may be by this stage self explanatory
>>
>> http://opentabs.data.fm/
>
> Very nice. What is very interesting from a WebID perspective is how Melvin uses
> ajax to delay WebID authentication a little bit, so that the user can see what site
> he is on. Also if the user has no WebID (or clicks cancel in the authentication
> process) then a "Sign In" button appears that brings up a WebID, Facebook, Gmail,
> or yahoo Mail inner frame.
>
> Only minor thing needed is to add the javascript logout script which works for Firefox
> and IE. https://foafssl.org/public/logout.js

Thanks

I suggest forking v0.1 if you want to develop a few read write web apps.

Some of the js functions included:

- Login via webid
- Login via facebook
- Login via gmail/yahoo using data.fm
- Login selector box

- Get facebook friends list via open graph
- Create directories with MKCOL
- GET / DELETE / PUT files using ajax
- Scalable to desktop / tablet / mobile / app widths

- Save files in local storage as key/value
- Serialize to JSON-LD
- Convert JSON-LD to turtle
- canonicalize JSON-LD

Should be some reusable stuff there and I've writing up the PROTOCOL
... enjoy! :)

https://github.com/melvincarvalho/OpenTabs