Re: PUT and extensions

hi henry,

i think you might want to be a little more specific,
what a rdf-read-write-server is in your opinion.

there are really different options here.

1. are you simply PUT-ting rdf in triple form to a graph,
   in which case the file format doesn't really matter
   and you should be able to retrieve rdf in whatever
   official format there is?
2. are you PUT-ting a file to file/web-like server?
   in this case there's no graph action going on.
3. are you PUT-ting a file to some sort of rdf-aware
   web-dav/file/web-server. i think that virtuoso's approach ca...

anyways, i do not think that, in whatever case, if you put a .some-rdf-extension (say .ttl)
to a server, a .some-other-rdf-extension should succeed.

if you have any rdf aware solution you can retrieve data in the uploaded file in whatever
format, but not the file in another rdf serialisation.

the following links might hold information that could be useful :

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/#http-put
2. http://4store.org/trac/wiki/SparqlServer

wkr turnguard