Re: Triple Access Control

Hi bergi,

On 09/15/2011 12:29 AM, bergi wrote:
> Am 13.09.2011 21:32, schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
>>>
>>> What do you think about my proposal? Somebody has a different approach?
>>
>> Another possible approach:
>>
>> use owl : sameAs
>>
>> If the agent has access return some triples, if not return FORBIDDEN
>
> How would you handle complex scenarios like G+ in RDF?
>
> One approach could be a resource per circle. But that would mean you
> have to duplicate some of your data.

You can utilise a named-graph-approach for circle that is able to handle
(identifiable) triples* over multiple graphs**. In my modelling approach
described at [1] I tried to cover this issue.

> It would be possible to spread your triples in a way that there are no
> duplicates, but wouldn't that be more complicated to handle than
> describing the rules using the ontology I proposed?
>
> And how do you handle write access? If the data doesn't exist there is
> no resource to point to.

You can deploy an access-controlled write access direct on the URI/URL
where do you like to create the resource or on a so called "parent
resource" that is related to the resource you would like to create (see
HTTPbis draft for a definition of this term). Both approaches should be
RESTful.

> Maybe there is a simple solution to the problems I've described, but
> currently I mainly see disadvantages.

Well this a rather complex problem. It might still be the simplest
solution ;)

Cheers,

Bo

*) statement identifier
**) this is currently not covered by the existing Named Graph
specification, see [2]

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2011Jan/0001.html
[2]