Contd: Using Twitter as an IdP space for WebID

On 10/29/11 7:57 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Hello Kingsley,
>
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:31:49PM +0200, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
>> What is the connection to linked data ?
> I retire that question. Obviously, this is just meant as an easy alternative
> way of getting an ID and authenticating in the RWW. Is there an option to
> tweet the data by hand ? Many people may not be willing to allow OAuth access
> to their twitter account.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Brunnbauer

Michael,

The ability to manually publish the fingerprint of your x.509 via
Twitter works. All we have to do in the generator UI is make the OAuth
binding optional.

I just posted this into my twitter client, a few minutes ago, post
generation of a new x.509 cert:

Fingerprint: DE:8C:FE:09:D8:AD:0E:DB:56:F1:8C:D6:70:77:84:2A
Profile Page: http://twitter.com/kidehen#this .

To conclude, here are the options re. Twitter (and ultimately LinkedIn,
Facebook, AtomPub compliant blogs):

1. Use your preferred certificate generator to produce an x.509 certificate.
2. Place a Twitter URI in the SAN slot of the cert.
3. Save the cert. to you local keystore / keychain.

For WebID compliant relying agent's the following will be required:

1. Ability to lookup Fingerprint via API provided by data space
identified associated with the URI in the SAN that serves as actual WebID .

At this time, our relying agent implements #1 as an enhancement to its
basic WebID verification protocol implementation. Others can do the same
with ease. The APIs are keyword based, and fully documented across
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc..

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com