Re: Comments to Rules Working Group Charter Draft $Revision: 1.60$ (Part II)

Giorgos Stamou wrote:
> [...]

Since the emphasis is not on an implementable language, but on an
interlingua, an interlingua with the same form as the non-probabilistic
rules that can express uncertainty should be acceptable to both sides.

Could this not be done through the use of simple wrappers around any
probabilistic rules?  It seems to me that this could be done by applying
an attribute to a rule/assertion that states the fuzziness of the
expression.

Although treating a rule/assertion as an object increases logical
complexity, an interlingua not designed to be implementable should
be able to handle this.

This solution would have no effect on non-probabilistic statements but
would provide a means for an interlingua to express fuzzy (or other
kinds of) probability attached to statements.

This also has the advantage of allowing for multiple forms of
probability to be encoded.

-- doug foxvog

douglas foxvog	  doug.foxvog@deri.org	 +353 (91) 495 150
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
National University of Ireland, Galway
Galway, Ireland				http://www.deri.ie