Re: NAF v. SNAF - where is this being addressed?

At 14:28 -0400 6/29/05, Michael Kifer wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Yes, the charter must include this.  But I am not sure which charter is
>being discussed. A particular document or in general?
>

>	--michael

my understanding is that there is discussion of creating a W3C
working group to look at creating a rules language (maybe semantic
web rules language), and that this mailing list is the place for that
discussion.  The specifics of what goes in a charter is spelled out
in the W3C process document [1].  Other standards organizations
probably have other guidelines, but it wouldn't be very sporty to
discuss some other approach on a W3C mailing list :-)
  -JH
p.s. fwiw, I can testify from my OWL experiences that there are other
organizations where it is a lot easier and faster for something to
become what is called a standard, but the credibility and buy-in
needed to become a W3C Recommendation makes the uptake and visibility
of a recommendation MUCH higher and is worth the pain.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#WGCharter