Re: Output type of SELECT query (was Example of filtering an RDF stream)

On 4 Dec 2015, at 11:32, james anderson <james@dydra.com<mailto:james@dydra.com>> wrote:

On 2015-12-04, at 12:00, Robin Keskisärkkä <robin.keskisarkka@liu.se<mailto:robin.keskisarkka@liu.se>> wrote:

From: "Gray, Alasdair J G" <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>>
Date: Friday 4 December 2015 11:13
To: Tara Athan <taraathan@gmail.com<mailto:taraathan@gmail.com>>
Cc: "public-rsp@w3.org<mailto:public-rsp@w3.org>" <public-rsp@w3.org<mailto:public-rsp@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Example of filtering an RDF stream

[snip]

  1.  What is the output type if we just have a SELECT clause?

if you intend to produce a graph, ”just a select clause" is not adequate.

This is the point of my question. What is the model type of the result of a select query? Is it a stream of bindings?

Alasdair

Alasdair J G Gray
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Assistant Professor in Computer Science,
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
(Athena SWAN Bronze Award)
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh UK.

Email: A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.alasdairjggray.co.uk
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5711-4872
Office: Earl Mountbatten Building 1.39
Twitter: @gray_alasdair

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.