RE: Scope of AI/ML and accessibility work

To Jason

Agree with comments and scope, the only thing I think has been overlooked is the need to specifically reference the term generative AI. Machine learning has been around for a long time, the part of it that has drawn the attention of the world to this work in recent times has been generative AI and based on my research, there's less familiarity outside of academic circles about machine learning as a term but a lot of familiarity in the public with the term of generative AI, so I think important that where applicable this is referenced as taking a straw poll of my 13 staff and a few dozen people in the meetup groups in the accessibility community here, few are aware of machine learning but all were familiar with generative AI and that's how the discussion is framed so just want to make sure our work isn't overlooked in our messaging not specifically including this term.

Other than that, a great summary of the work, scope and approach.

Scott.

Dr Scott Hollier
Chief Executive Officer
[Centre for Accessibility Australia logo]<https://www.accessibility.org.au/>
Centre For Accessibility Australia Ltd.
Phone: +61 (0)430 351 909
Email: scott.hollier@accessibility.org.au<mailto:scott.hollier@accessibility.org.au>
Address: Suite 5, Belmont Hub, 213 Wright Street, Cloverdale WA 6105
accessibility.org.au<https://www.accessibility.org.au/>
Subscribe to our newsletter<http://eepurl.com/drA-ib>

[X icon]<https://twitter.com/centrefora11y>[Instagram icon]<https://www.instagram.com/centreforaccessibility/> [Facebook icon] <https://www.facebook.com/centrefora11y/>  [LinkedIn icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreforaccessibility/>

CFA Australia respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country across Australia and pay our respects to Elders past and present.