Re: CAUR feedback

Scott sent me a message (apparently not copied to the mailing list)
generally approving the proposed changes.

I think that's a good enough reason for me to merge them. They can, of
course, be reverted at any time, so if you are uncomfortable with the
revisions, there's still ample opportunity to have them revisited.