Re: [EXTERNAL] Significant paper on chatbot accessibility

The appendix of the paper includes a long list of chatbot accessibility suggestions gleaned from the literature that the authors reviewed. As I understand it, no qualitative judgments were made: they collected and categorized everything found in the cited sources to create the list.

Obviously, we’ll need to decide what to incorporate into our work and how best to respond.

From: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 16:56
To: public-rqtf@w3.org <public-rqtf@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Significant paper on chatbot accessibility
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of our organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Dear colleagues,
Please note the following paper, written by presenters at the WAI Communities of Practice Symposium, for its relevance to our natural language interface accessibility work.
Stanley, J., Brink, R. T., Valiton, A., Bostic, T., & Scollan, B. (2022). Chatbot Accessibility Guidance: A Review and Way Forward. In Proceedings of Sixth International Congress on Information and Communication Technology (pp. 919-942). Springer, Singapore.

Despite the copyright date, the paper is available now via libraries with an appropriate journal subscription.
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-16-1781-2_80

Thank you for your compliance.