Re: Becky Gibson appointed co-chair of the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group (Fwd)

Dear APA Task Force Colleagues:

It is appropriate that all APA Task Forces also be made aware that APA
now has two Co-Chairs. It gives me great pleasure to announce and
welcome Becky Gibson to the Co-Chairing role in APA. The formal W3C
announcement follows.

Janina
Now an APA Co-Chair

Coralie Mercier writes:
> For the group’s information:
>
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> > From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
> > Subject: Becky Gibson appointed co-chair of the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group
> > Date: 25 June 2020 at 09:15:21 CEST
> > To: W3C Members <w3c-ac-members@w3.org>
> > Cc: Chairs <chairs@w3.org>
> >

> > Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
> > Chairs,
> >
> > W3C is pleased to appoint Becky Gibson (Knowbility) as new co-Chair of
> > the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group [1].
> >
> > Becky joins continuing co-Chair Janina Sajka (Invited Expert).
> >
> > Becky is a recognized expert in the field of digital inclusion and
> > enabling accessible solutions. Her extensive career as a Software
> > Engineer and Accessibility Architect at IBM impacted products, customer
> > strategy, and industry standards. She is passionate about making Web and
> > mobile applications usable for people of all abilities. She participated
> > in the creation of W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG),
> > and helped to develop and evangelize the Accessible Rich Internet
> > Applications (ARIA) specification.
> >
> > This announcement follows section 5.1 of the W3C Process Document [2].
> >
> > For Tim Berners-Lee, Director;
> > Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications
> >

> > [1] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/
> > [2] https://www.w3.org/2019/Process-20190301/#ReqsAllGroups
> >
> > --
> > Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org