Personalization for ML Workshop on RQTF Wednesday

Dear RQTF and Personalization Task Forces:

The possibility that the Personalization TF specification about to enter
CR could actually help machine learning deliver smarter results--whether
or not the task is accessibility related--came up during our
Personalization call Monday.

I've invited Lisa Seeman to join RQTF Wednesday to discuss this briefly
and I've cleared this with Jason. We will take up this topic at the
beginning of our RQTF call Wednesday. Instructions for joining the RQTF
call are in the forwarded agenda below. Other Personalization
participants are also welcome.

Lisa, can you please reply to All with a brief paragraph explaining the way
this would work so RQTF folks can have a bit of a headstart ahead of our
discussion?

The relevant technology is described in the Explainer and Module 1
specification documents linked on the Personalization Task Force Home
Page here:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/personalization/

Meanwhile, here's a somewhat helpful extract from the Personalization
minutes at:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2020Aug/0004.html

JF: believe the other attributes in module 1 that are not symbols will
be most used
JS: but symbols have higher PR value - we need to take advantage of that
JF: action, destination, purpose are beneficial in early days of AI
JS: we have a slot in the W3C AI workshop - perhaps we should present
LS: COGA has examples
JS: Jutta will cover built in biases of AI/ML at the workshop
... we also have issues with tools - making sure they are accessible
... example: google earth to define the most accessible path from point
a to b
LS: John's point is that the attributes can be used for training
... that is important
JS: can contribute to RQTF proposal - suggests Lisa attend the meeting
on Wednesday

Best,

Janina

--