W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rqtf@w3.org > August 2018

Minutes for 1 August

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 10:07:16 -0400
To: public-rqtf@w3.org
Message-ID: <20180801140716.GD1945@rednote.net>
Minutes from the RQTF teleconference of 1 August are provided below as text.
They're available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2018/08/01-rqtf-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

01 Aug 2018

Attendees

   Present
          jasonjgw, janina, scott_h, sloandr, Judy

   Regrets

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. CAPTCHA draft - revision and research
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAPTCHA draft - revision and research

   <scribe> scribe: janina

   OK, David!

   jgw: Need to make decisions on next steps
   ... Lots of commonality in comments
   ... One more interesting comment relating to privacy

   <jasonjgw> Janina plans to consult the APA Working Group regarding the reordering of sections in the document.

   js: Asks the why of reordering

   jgw: Intent was to make sure that related alternatives are grouped together
   ... Then moving out to authentication mechanisms which also distinguish from robots

   sh: Also moves people from the familiar to the less familiar approaches

   <jasonjgw> Janina proposes to take the reorganization to APA, allow time for them to read it, and confirm.

   <jasonjgw> Janina: we've decided what to say about ReCAPTCHA.

   sh: Seem to be many varied experiences with recaptcha

   jgw: Also comment on privacy
   ... Problem is can involve other parties and disclose to other parties--an issue independent of a11y

   sh: Privacy easily takes us into multiple other issues.

   jgw: We need to be clear we're addressing a11y and only noting other concerns
   ... Our recommendations will be a11y, but we will need to note there are additional aspects that also need consideration

   sh: That also raises the issue of security

   js: Noting that security concern shifts to the user with authentication scemes, whereas old simple captcha placed security squarely only on the web site

   <jasonjgw> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/7

   <tripu> trackbot, status

   <trackbot> #rqtf is associated with #apa.

   <scott_h> reCAPTCHA example https://www.nteu.org.au/contacts

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: jasonjgw janina scott_h sloandr Judy
Found Scribe: janina
Found Date: 01 Aug 2018

-- 

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 1 August 2018 14:07:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 17 January 2023 20:26:45 UTC