RE: Late apology & request for discussion

From: Scott Hollier [mailto:scott@hollier.info]
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:03 AM
To: public-rqtf@w3.org

There was one point I was hoping to discuss and would appreciate it if it could be raised in recruitment and/or other business.

Following up on my e-mail from last week, there are some researchers who have expressed interest to me in helping research the CAPTCHA part of the work plan, but would like some more clear guidance due to not being familiar with W3C processes on exactly how to report their findings.   Basically I'm seeking some clarification around the expected outputs of our work.
[Jason] Hi Scott,
The expected outputs of our work would generally be syntheses of relevant findings in response to research questions, delivered to the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group.
According to our Work Statement:
"The RQTF will prepare brief reports summarizing its findings in response to research questions, then deliver these reports to the APA Working Group and
disseminate them to relevant W3C and research communities".
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

The Task Force is not designed to conduct research itself, but rather to bring together the expertise of the research community to address accessibility-related questions arising from the development of W3C technologies and specifications that cannot readily be resolved in the ordinary course of reviewing and refining technical specifications.

Please let us know whether this answers your question, and whether it helps you to engage the colleagues whom you mentioned, whose contributions to this effort would be most welcome.

Thank you for your compliance.