Re: EBNF grammar of presentation syntax

On 30 Sep 2009, at 16:54, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> > The easiest and quickest way around this is:
> >
> > change:
> >    Name:=  NCName
> >    Name:=  NCName | ('"' UNICODESTRING '"')
> >
> > any objections against this?
>
> What if the variable name has a double-quote character in it?
>
> (As far as I know, the PS can't handle the even xs:strings with quotes
> in them.  This is part of the why the PS isn't real.)

That problem was solved a while ago:

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/DTB#Shortcuts_for_Constants_in_RIF.27s_Presentation_Syntax

"UNICODESTRING, any Unicode string where quotes are escaped and
additionally all the other escape sequences defined in http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#grammarEscapes
  and http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#codepointEscape."

Indeed, however, BLD and FLD didn't define a production or point to
the UNICODESTRING definition DTB, actually
that was inconsistent, I just fixed that, check:

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/index.php?title=BLD&diff=11420&oldid=11029
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/index.php?title=FLD&diff=11419&oldid=11030

BTW, I realize that we still had the old version of the Name
production in the appendix of FLD and BLD,
but before I fix it there, we need agreement that

    Name:=  NCName | ('"' UNICODESTRING '"')

is ok.

cheers,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,