Re: [ISSUE-37] New proposal on RIF interoperation with XML data and XML Schemas

On 17 Mar 2009, at 12:51, Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> Hi Bijan,

>> And, in fact, they can have different named types associated with
>> them  as well.
>

> </chair>
>
> Well, it is the easy case, when they have different named type,
> because you can select them by type name, instead of by element name.

I'm just saying that every element (in a context) has a type, named
or otherwise. I think it's a little dangerous to conflate element/
type/class.

>>> I am not sure this is a good assumption. It feels wrong to me.
>>> The  different
>>> instances of Name in my example are just different classes. I
>>> may  chose
>>> to use the same name "because I can" (pardon my plagiarizing of Bill
>>> Clinton :-).
>> And since they can, in fact, have different named types
>> associated  with them reinforces your point.
>
> I do not understand how the different named types reinforce
> Michael's point; but that's maybe not so important, since Michael's
> point might be beside the point, anyway (see my reply to Michael [1])

No idea.

>> I was just wondering about the status of groups and substitution
>> groups in this proposal.
>

> I am confused: isn't that clear from the proposal (section 3.4)?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christian
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/
> 0087.html

Er...that had no 3.4. Oh, I finally got to it :) Thanks!

Cheers,
Bijan.