Von: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Christian De Sainte Marie
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Juli 2009 15:17
An: Adrian Paschke; RIF
Betreff: [PRD] Assert and AssertRetract test cases (ACTION-845)

Adrian, all,

I reviewed the AssertRetract test case [1], as part of ACTION-845, and I found that an object is retracted - Retract(?X) - and, then, a new frame is asserted about that same object - Assert(?X[ex:discount -> "0"]).

Although the spec says only that the retraction of an object removes from the fact base all the facts where the object occurs in the 'object' position, I think that the intention was that the object be, in facts, deleted, thus forbidding any assertion about it in the action part, after the retraction.

Shall we specify this more precisely, e.g. saying that the semantics of Assert and Modify is undefined if the object has been retracted? (Notice that Retract does not remove the frames where the retracted object occurs as a value, nor any predicate where the object occurs as an argument; thus leaving the possibility of dangling references to the object).

Btw, Adrian, there is not XML for the AssertRetract nor the Assert [2] test cases.

Cheers,

Christian

ILOG, an IBM Company
9 rue de Verdun
94253 - Gentilly cedex - FRANCE
Tel. +33 1 49 08 35 00
Fax +33 1 49 08 35 10

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400 Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 609.751.783,30 €
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 02430