Re: "Type-Tagged XML"

The solution proposed by you for in a previous email
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008May/0099>, is
present in the actual XML syntax in many parts of it. One goal is to
serialize RIF to RDF easily. Another argument is much better management
of  collections of arguments.

        <formula>
           <Atom>
             <op><Const ... /></op>
             <args rdf:parseType="Collection">
	       <Var> ... </Var>
               <Var> ... </Var>
               <Const .../>
             </args>
           </Atom>
        </formula>

So the role <args> in <Atom> and <Expr> should be appropriate.
On the other hand, in RDF Syntax
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-parsetype-Collection>
it is stated that "Whether the order of the collection of nodes is
significant is an application issue and not defined here."

However, why you need

<Const><rdf:value xml:lang="fr">chat</rdf:value><Const>

instead of

<Const type="&rif;text">chat@fr</Const>

?

-Adrian G