Re: [PRD] Issues to resolve before publication (et proposed resolutions)

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> I think we may first need a meta-agreement that we need to make PRD have
> the same "look and feel" as, and of course maximally reuse, BLD/FLD and
> DTB.  Extended examples, tutorials, etc. should go in a separate document.

Yep. All these discussions seem, indeed, to boil down to: what is PRD about?

You all know my view on this, by now, I guess... To wit:

What PRD is:
+ PRD is a standard common xml serialisation for many PR languages;
+ PRD follows the usage of PR languages and PR developers, it does not
dictate it (we want it to be widely adopted and deployed; future
versions or extension may offer "better" ways to do things, and promote
"better" usages; but that will be of little help if PRD is not adopted);
+ PRD covers the commonly used features of PR languages (we want it to
be useful and widely usable).

What PRD is not:
- PRD is not BLD (we already BLD for that);
- PRD is not Core (why have BLD and Core, if not to allow PRD to be
everything PR need and that is not in Core; and BLD to be everything
logic rule languages agree on and that is not in Core);
- PRD is not a new production rule language (it is not a rule language,
but an rule interchange format).

Of course, and as usual, I am totally open to change my mind if somebody
has compelling arguments to the contrary.

Cheers,

Christian