Re: AW: [PRD] need Assign action

Adrian Paschke wrote:
> It can not be simulated by a retract action followed by a new assert,
> because if PRD has a negation (not) the retract might trigger a production
> rule transition. But that is not the intended semantics of assign/update.

what I meant was to add Assign to the definition of the transition
relation ?__RIF-PRD ? /P(W)/ × /L/ × /P(W)/ defined in Section 3.3 of
the PRD spec.  Assign would be defined as a single transition, not as
pair of (retract, assert) transitions.

Section 3.3 (and associated syntax section) needs some work in any
case.  There is no way to do what OBR calls "assert new", which means to
create a new frame with a brand new OID.  The existing PRD assert can
only take an existing frame and add a slot to it.
Also, in OBR and in Jess, Retract would not take a frame argument, but
rather would take an OID and would retract all the frames that match
that OID.