Re: 5.1.6 Rule language coverage <--: UCR Requirements Text

> How about:
>
> RIF* must allow** rule interchange*** between common deployed**** rule
> engines. =20
>
> * =3D RIF, the format, any extensions, and appropriate translators

Standard extensions or third-party non-standard extensions?

> ** =3D subject to the development of appropriate compliant translators
> *** =3D interchange of rulesets against either a prespecified fact or =
> data
> model, or including said fact or data model
> **** =3D rule engines limited to individual research topics or
> institutions are assumed not to be both common and deployed; however RIF
> does not exclude these being covered.

If standard extensions, then when do you think we can achieve this?
Certainly not in the next couple years, right?  We'd have to subsume the
prolog standardization work, etc.  And every time some rule vendor added
a feature, we would have failed in this goal until we caught up.

     -- Sandro