Re: namespace prefix definitions in presentation syntax

Michael Kifer wrote:
> The RIF specification says that curies are NOT to be used in XML

Sure, in XML syntax I can use the "regular" namespace mechanism of XML.
no problem, I know how to do this.

> only
> absolute URIs. In the presentation syntax they are used as an informal
> shorthand.

So, if I understand this correctly -  that there are no curies in the
presentation syntax - then what I just suggest is just to formalize the
informal shorthand use in RIF presentation syntax a bit, by adopting one
of the ways other standards define it... shouldn't cause major trouble,
or no? I am having major pain writing down examples otherwise...

best,
Axel