Re: [BLD] comments on the semantics of lists

Harold,

I don't understand what you mean with "bound".

Interpretations assign variables to elements of the domain.  If you want
to make sure that variables are assigned to lists, then you need to
define a subset of the domain, which is the set of lists, and modify the
interpretation of sequence and tail accordingly.  I did something like
that in my proposed modification of your original proposal somewhere
earlier in this thread.  However, I guess it is not really necessary.

My proposed update of the LIST production ensures that malformed lists
cannot be derived.  I think this was the biggest concern.

Best, Jos

Boley, Harold wrote:
> Jos, Var could be bound to a non-LIST, Harold

>>> with

--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw