Re: [BLD] comments on the semantics of lists

Michael,

The proposal looks good.  I like the more direct interpretation.

Regarding your note at the bottom of the page (about interpreting
malformed lists):
I think we can easily change the syntax of lists to disallow malformed
lists.  I observe that a list is either a Seq or a variable, and the
tail of a list is a list.  So, I propose to modify the list production
as follows:

LIST           ::= 'Seq(' TERM* ')' | 'Seq(' TERM+ ` | ` LIST ')' | Var

Best, Jos

--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw