Re: rif:local value space in Herbrand interpretations

Chris Welty wrote:

> This is a public comment sent by Thomas on Nov 7 that was overlooked.  I
> think I understand what he's asking, has anyone thought about this?
>
> -Chris
>
> Thomas Krekeler wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> my question is about the value space of rif:local in Herbrand
>> interpretations.

I suggest to answer as follows:

rif:local is a symbol space in RIF, not a datatype. That means it
doesn't have a particular value space or lexical-to-value mapping defined.

Given this, I am unsure about what the question means, but maybe that
already gives an answer?

BTW: also note that RIF is not restricted to Herbrand interpretations.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,