Re: XML Syntax Issues / root element

Boley, Harold wrote:

>> Why are you using "type" (eg rif:type) instead of xsi:type there?
>
> For uniformity reasons: rif:type is more general than xsi:type.
> For example, we also have rif:type="rif:local".

That's not a problem, xsi:type can be used to refer to any schema
element including user defined ones and so can certainly be used to
refer to one defined in a separate W3C spec.

More significant is that the value of xsi:type is a QName whereas
rif:type currently seems to be a curi.

I'm happy to use rif:type attribute, seems like a good move to me.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England