Re: Naming Conventions

I guess one good document is Scott Ambler's
http://www.ambysoft.com/downloads/javaCodingStandards.pdf

Some other which might be used for guidance are:

Gosling, J., Joy, B., Steele, G. (1996). The Java Language
Specification. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley Longman Inc.
Ambler, S.W. (1998a). Building Object Applications That Work: Your
Step-By-Step Handbook for Developing Robust Systems with Object
Technology. New York: Cambridge University Press.

All of them argue in the favor of a notation as in [2].

Other possible notations are:
Hungarian notation (McConnell, S. (1993). Code Complete – A Practical
Handbook of Software Construction. Redmond, WA:
Microsoft Press.)

- Adrian