Re: RDF and (a subsets of) F-Logic

Hi Jos,

Thanks for this.

The embedding in section 3.1 seems a straightforward transcription of
RDF (w/o datatypes) and the associated RDFS inference rules into an
F-logic molecules notation. In the way you are using it is there
anything which makes this different from a notational variant on a
simple triple(s,p,o) predicate?

BTW in our own applications we do make use of what you call
"higher-order" features (especially in queries and in rules) and make
some use of "non-classical" (though those latter uses can often be
addressed by some sort of layered approach).

In section 5 is there a reason that your "RDF interaction axioms" are
one way?  If one were trying to use this embedding as a way to perform
inference over RDF then you'd want the reverse direction as well.

[Minor:
   - I didn't spot the definition of bl(S), I assume it is just the set
of blank nodes in S
   - in Definition 2 I suspect you mean ".. or
ContainerMembershipProperty, Resource, Class or Property occurs in *a
non-class position in* S."]

Cheers,
Dave