Re: Approaching an XML syntax for RIF

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> We need to decide what goes in the first RIF Core draft, don't we?
>
> I lean towards using stripe-skipping (as is there now, more or less), to
> reduce the risk of people looking at the first example XML and deciding
> RIF stinks because of the super-ugly XML.  :-)   But maybe the people who
> matter wont decide so lightly.

That's what I meant: we only need to decide how our first examples look,
and explain how that XML syntax is derived from the abstract one. And we
can say explicitely that no decision has been yet made regarding the
precise XML syntax for RIF Core and these are for illustrative purposes
only.

And I agree that we should avoid having people who will read WD focus on
  aspects we barely discussed yet (and that ugly examples might indeed
have that effect :-)