Re: [TED] SPARQL, data sources and blackboxes [was (Re: [UCR] ISSUE-12 and ACTION6198)] --> QLs in BR languages?

Thanks Paul, excellent points, I withdraw the SQL analogy as not being
useful.

I guess one difference here is that SQL requires knowledge of the
database layout which tends to be system specific whereas SPARQL
doesn't. Well the equivalent is that you need to know the ontology of
the data but part of the point of using an ontology in the first place
is to aid portability. SPARQL queries are expected to be portable even
though the mapping into your local datastore may be specialized.

Dave