Re: fulfilment of my action of today <-- Rumblings on why we need classification terms in RIF (and why RDF's vocab should not be used)

> Out of interest (and apologies for the naïve qu's):
> 1. what would be an example rule here?
> eg: C1 is a subclass of C0
> [and by implication C1 inherits properties, maybe default values for such properties, from C0, and inherits method definitions, all subject to any intermedia
> te subclass definition overrides]?

does not need to be a rule. could be just a fact like
phdstudent##student.
(If one could write something like that in PR).

> 2. note that for a PR, as discussed in the call yesterday, the most likely equivalents would be:
> - do a class membership query on some instance in a rule condition [not really a subclass test as class relationships are metamodel constructs]
> - allocate an instance to some new class [not supported in most PR engines due to their Java object model base]
>
> The above might explain why for the PR community the question on whether RIF supports this construct is somewhat irrelevant. I can't think how a PR translato
> r would handle such a construct without recreating/simulating an OO model semantics dynamically or getting into code generation...

I said that the most likely scenario would be querying. Although current
PR languages tend not to support queries, they might in the future.

	--michael