Re: RIF-BLD Classification

Michael Kifer wrote:
>> The principle argument for rif:subclassOf is that it is more amenable
>> to interchange since it is minimal, as well as a natural part of usual
>> frame style syntax.
>
> rif:subclassOf (aka ##) also has standard semantics as in all
> object-oriented languages.

Yes, although note the semantics of the proposed rif:type is not the
same as the semantics of some popular OO languages (e.g. Java), as
Gary & Dave pointed out on the telecon.  You would need closed-world
negation and some restrictions on rule heads for that.  So I left out
that rationale here as I figured rif:type and rif:subclassOf were a
package deal.

-Chris