Re: [RIF][Admin] Agenda RIF telecon 7 March 2006

Francois Bry wrote:
> Sandro Hawke wrote:
>
>>>RESOLVED: to have next F2F Montenegro either June 8-9 or June 9-10
>>>
>>>RESOLVED: to have WBS vote per organization
>>>
>>>ACTION: Sandro to organize such WBS vote
>>>

>>I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought that later that day, the
>>conference organizers ended up saying 9-10 wouldn't work.  Can someone
>>confirm this?  Or do we still need the vote?
>>

> On 10-11 there is a Workshop, PPSWR 2006
> http://www.dbis.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/PPSWR06/ , at the same
> place. If the F2F takes place on 9-10, then there is a collision that
> would lead to people to have to choose between F2F and the workshop.
> Stupidly, the Web pages of the conference does not properlyt mention the
> dates of this workshop.

Dear Francois, Igor,

I asked back the ESWC confernece organizers and they told me that the
10th is an extra day in PPSWR which is not an official part of the ESWC
programm. The also told me that it was agreed like this with the PPSWR
workshop organizers, since all other workshops also only got one day and
do not start before 11th. So, I think it is upto the workshop organizers
to make this clear on their website and not on the ESWC organizers.

Anyway, as you correctly say, we have a conflict then with everybody who
wants to attend PPSWR on 10th.

To find out, how many would be affected by this, I honestly was
expecting to have the vote before today's phone conference on this, as
agreed in Mandelieu. We still hope to have a final decision today, in
order to be able to proceed with organization.

best regards and hear you later,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres