Re: [RIF] A Modest Proposal: Work Out Some Concrete Examples; Example-1: CHANGE-BABY-IF-WET rule

Ginsberg, Allen wrote:

>My feeling is that if one wanted to express the semantics of
>modal-logic in a formal fashion, then using first-order logic is a good
>way to do that.

Experience in Mathematics (and Computer Science) demonstrates that the
above sentence has often been true if one replaces *modal-logic* by
anything. :-)

However, I am not sure whether this kind of considerations are fully
relevant to RIF. Should RIF be about expressing the formal semantics of
whatever, or merely an exchange format for formulas/rules?
--
Francois Bry