Re: [RIF][Admin] Detailled agenda for F2F2, 27-28 February, Mandelieu (F)

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Subject: Re: [RIF][Admin] Detailled agenda for F2F2, 27-28 February, Mandelieu (F)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:47:21 +0100

> Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> >>From the F2F2 detailed agenda at http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/F2F2.
> >
> > 	16:00-18:00 Review Design Goals (section 3 of [WWW] UC&R draft)
> >
> > However the document pointed to, "RIF Use Cases and Requirements: W3C Editor's
> > Draft 15 February 2006", at
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/ucr/draft-20060215.html
> > does not have a Section 3.
>
> Right, the 2nd and 3rd links were supposed to be to the Wiki version. I
> will correct that.

The current version [last edited 2006-02-24 04:03:49 by
ChristianDeSainteMarie], doesn't have links any more.

> > The agenda also refers to [UCR]Design_Goals at
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/InterWiki
> > but this page is not about Design Goals.
>
> Indeed. But the agenda does refer to
> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Design_Goals, which is about
> design goals: I do not know why you get something different when
> following the link?

Dan Connelly fixed this pointer in the document, I believe.  (I find the Wiki
diff functionality hard to use and understand, so I'm not completely sure of
this.)

> > There are several other similar problems.
>
> Which ones?

Other pointers to non-existent sections of UC&R draft and other pointers that
go to http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/InterWiki.

> > I think that a new agenda is called for ASAP.
>
> You mean, the same agenda with corrected links, I suppose?

Yes.

> That would be
> useful for the invited observers, indeed (as regards yourself, I assume
> that you know perfectly where to find the appropriate documents :-)

Actually I don't - at least not with any certainty.

> Christian

My understanding of standard procedure for W3C WG F2F meetings is that
participants are supposed to come to the meeting having read the *same*
versions of documents.  I have absolutely no confidence that this will be the
case for next week's F2F meeting of the RIF WG, particularly with the problems
in the agenda.

The current agenda points to
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Requirements, which, in turn, points
to other Wiki pages.  Which of these other pages are going to be under
discussion?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider