From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Peter F.
Patel-Schneider
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:13 AM
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org
Subject: [UCR] comments on Section 1 of 15 Feb draft of RIF UCR

On going through Section 1 of 15 Feb draft of RIF UCR at
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/ucr/draft-20060215 I came up with two
issues:

1/ This section appears to assume that an "executable rule language"
uses the
same language for statements and queries.  I believe that this is not
the case
for most rule systems that exist today.

2/ The section states

	Rather the RIF includes a framework of concepts, represented as
tags in
	a markup language

I do not believe that there is yet any consensus as to whether the RIF
will
include a "framework of concepts", let alone represent them as "tags in
markup language".

peter