[RIF]: Expressing Ruleset differences as Meta-information for RIF

Allen - I must admit my interpretation of Mala's comment was somewhat
different: that there is information regarding intent / use of rules
associated with rulesets that may be of value to be defined in RIF for
traceability / assistance with transformations. This "metadata" may be:

- there may be several rules leading to the same conclusion

- these rules are effective for a certain context

- these rules are designed for a particular semantics (/processing
engine class)

I would guess that until such metadata is proven to be required for
interchange, it is out of scope. However, it is intriguing enough for
possible addition to the use cases: requirements for rule metadata.

PS: I would have thought that templates (of anything including rules)
were an orthogonal concept. I've no idea if any existing W3C technology
eg RDF already has explicit support for templates. You could of course
argue that XSL is ako "template" for XML, etc.

Cheers,

Paul Vincent

Fair Isaac Blaze Advisor --- Business Rule Management

OMG Standards for Business Rules, PRR & BPMI

mobile: +44 (0)781 493 7229 ... office: +44 (0)20 7871 7229