Re: SWRL- political motivated

At 15:11 10.02.2006 -0500, Chris Welty wrote:

>This discussion is non-productive and out of scope.  Like many other
>languages, SWRL is in scope for the RIF WG in the sense that it is a
>language that should be able to interchange rule knowledge through the
>interchange format we define.  It gets this status by having member
>representation in the WG.
>
>You can argue it's merits or faults in another forum.
>
>-Chris

Dear Chris,

thank you very much for the guidance you are providing as a chair to our
discussion.
Still, I am not completely sure to fully understand your point and I would
appreciate you
could refine your argument on what is in and what is out of the scope of
the discussion
of the working group.

         1) You decide it is out of the scope of the working group to
discuss SWRL?
         Fine with me, because ... <censored>.

         2) You decide it is out of the scope of the working group to
discuss the rationale
         of restriction the expressive power of a logical language? I am
willing to follow you
         on this since the charter already implemented such an argument in
an excellent
         manner. Instead of having such a discussion it may be enough to
point from time
         to time to our charter. I assume, nobody of us wants to end up
with SOL=RIF?

         3) You decide it is out of the scope of the working group to
discuss the rationale
         for properly defining the expressive power of a rule language? I
am willing to follow you
         on this since the charter already implemented such an argument in
an excellent
         manner. Instead of having such a discussion it may be enough to
point from time
         to time to our charter. I assume, nobody of us wants to end up
with RIF is not
         implementable?

I would very much appreciate if you could clarify your leadership to one of
your humble
WG member.

-Dieter

Dieter Fensel, http://www.deri.org/