Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited) --> disjunctive conclusions

Axel Polleres wrote:

>+1, rather RIF should IMHO
>a) determine which combinations of semantic "features" are combinable,
>and which not, and
>b) define what the allowed combinations of particular features mean
>semantically, and
>c) define these features around a least-common-denominator core plus
>extensability mechanism, which is to be determined in phase 1.
>
>  Do I correctly infer this to be the agreement?

I am missing in the list above an explicit reference to classes of
web-based applications or use cases that RIF aims at supporting. IMO RIF
should support:

- exchanging business rules (requires to be made more precise)
- exchanging RDF- and OWL-related rules (requires also to be made modre
precise)
- exchanging database viewsd and integrity constraints expressed in a
high-level specification formalisms (I am not meaning here expressed in SQL)

and maybe others I am not thinking of.

Francois