Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited)

Dieter Fensel wrote:

>>>1) They are ONLY a problem for the inference engines!!!!!!!!!
>>>So for the ONLY thing that really counts.
>>>

>>there are very interesting inference engines - notably, DLV - based on
>>disjunctive logic programming (i.e. they support disjunctions in the head).
>>

>Thanks for letting me know! Indeed an interesting research prototype with the
>potential for a couple of further PhDs (I am slightly disappointed that you
>assume
>I had not heart about). But we are talking about industrial relevance
>and a body of work that needed creative scientists 10-20 years ago to
>define the
>technical core.

This discussions remionds me of discussions on the future or relational
databases at the begininig of the 80es of the 20es century. At that
time, many thought -- and said loodly -- that relational databases had
no future.

By the way, behaving similarly, many say today that OWL has no future.
--
Francois