Re: [TED] Action-188, ISSUE: production rule systems have "difficulty" with recursive rules in RIF Core

> Well, if the purpose of the RIF is to have a language that represents
> the intersection of all rule languages, as opposed to being a means
> of interchange between rule systems, then you would be right. But I
> am strongly of the view that the intersection of all rule languages
> is empty.
>
> On the other hand, a different form of conformance would be that any
> given rule language should be able to express their rules in the RIF.
> That does not require all rule language engines to be able to
> understand all elements of the core.

Right. Our responses to Sandro have crossed in the mail.  In that msg, I
proposed that RIF conformance should mean that a semantic-preserving
mapping to a RIF dialect (or dialects). Moreover, some systems might want
to provide mappings from only some subsets of their systems for various
reasons.

	--michael